Thursday, August 21, 2008

On to Denver

Hello all,It is my hope that all is well with you and that all that all who you care for are doing well. On Sunday I leave for Denver to witness history. Many of those who came before us never thought or dreamed they would see something like this I can be honest with you and tell you I never thought I would . I remember not long ago when it was a big deal when Harold Washington became Mayor of Chicago. The great thing about this country is that you can always have a dream and take it further and many times with hard work and opportunity that dream can become a reality. I also have to say that I am not sure how this is going to turn out but I can say this I am proud of how Mr. Obama has run his campaign with dignity and honor and even if he does loose not only does he win but we all win. This makes me proud to be an American ( and yes I always have been proud) and more importantly an African American. It is important to note that Mr. Obama will accept the Democratic Nomination on August 28, 2008 which is the 45th anniversary of the “I have a Dream” speech by Martin Luther King Jr. and the 53rd anniversary of the death of Emmett Till. Yes we have a long way to go but we have come so very far. I will be blogging from Denver next week on my blog which is below and posting things everyday on my blog radio show. Also I will be a correspondent for http://www.progressiveblendradio.com/ . I will be reporting each day about the inner workings of meetings, my thoughts on daily speeches and of course the parties.  I hope you can check it out.Take care and feel free to email me if you have any questions.God bless.Kim

1 comment:

Jim Mahler said...

Sista Kim,
We are enjoying your reporting from Denver.
LNell & Jim Mahler